Monday, November 25, 2013

Week13

This week was focused on the beginning stages of building our one page websites for our artists. I started first by creating a simple layout in photoshop so that I can get a feel for the sizes and colors of things. From there, I built a basic layout using HTML <div> tags and CSS. Once I have the framework, the other parts will fall in place nicely. As I was designing though, of course, I ran into some issues, especially with screen sizes. One problem I had was that when you would resize your browser window, my text was moving around way too much, and I wanted to be able to have text and object elements to remain positioned, so I began researching the best way to do this. I came across some coding techniques using CSS that allows me to have my web page automatically resize based on the browser it is being used in. So with a little bit of coding and a few headaches, I finally got my website to resize itself. I was very happy with the responsive design results.


No comments:

Post a Comment